Youth in Recovery:
Goodwin House is a 90 day program providing substance use treatment services for up to 15 male youth ages 13-17. As with all of CHD’s programs and services, we focus on the uniqueness of each individual and their path to recovery. We engage youth in recovery in both peer and community activities.
Assisting youth to maintain their sobriety achieve and maintain education and/or employment through their participation in evidence based programming which includes:
- Individual & Group Therapy
- Psycho-Educational Groups; Relapse Prevention, 12 Step, etc.
- Recovery School/Educational Tutoring
- Vocational/Employment Search
- Recovery Meetings
- Aftercare Services & Resources
- Personalized Treatment Planning
Our goal is to support and encourage family involvement by providing family connections and activities. Family Therapy is offered to help improve relationships and to connect youth with their family in a way that will ultimately help prepare them to be successful. CHD believes that everyone we serve deserves and has the right to be treated with respect and dignity. We will always treat people in the same manner in which we would like ourselves or our loved ones to be treated.
Focusing on What We Do Best:
For over 50 years, CHD has been at the forefront of programming related to substance use and youth services. We are excited to draw on that experience in order to transform in a positive and permanent way the lives of these young men.
To be eligible for admission to the Goodwin House, we welcome all males between the ages of 13-17.
- Who has substance use, mental or behavioral disorder due to psychoactive substance use and is not intoxicated nor currently at risk for experiencing withdrawal;
- Youth must consent to treatment, Parent(s) consent to treatment/ or a court of competent jurisdiction has ruled consent.
- Goodwin House receives all referrals from Institute for Health and Recovery. For placement contact the Institute for Health and Recovery Youth Central Intake at (617) 661-3991
For more information call Chantal Silloway at (413) 316-1642.
We our funded and licensed by the Department of Public Health (DPH- Bureau of Substance Abuse Services). For placement contact the Institute for Health and Recovery Youth Central Intake at (617) 661-3991 or 1 (866) 705-2807.
Our Professional Team:
Goodwin House staff will provide a supportive, therapeutic and educational environment, seeking ultimate potential in our male youths, focusing on empowering those we serve utilizing evidenced based practices. Having clinical services on-site offers a unique opportunity to truly integrate care. In order to provide a unique therapeutic treatment experience for each youth, we are staffed with a Clinical Director, Master level Clinicians, Educational and Aftercare Coordinator, Registered Nurse, Recovery Specialist Staff, and Program Director who are on site to provide supportive services 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
Our Mission at CHD is to provide a broad range of high quality, community-oriented human services dedicated to promoting, enhancing and protecting the dignity and welfare of people in need. To learn more about CHD, our mission, and how we provide positively life changing services for more than 18,000 people per year, please click here.
Take A Tour
To take a photo tour of the house please click here