Created in 1997, Springfield Transitions and Recovery Program (S.T.A.R.) is a CHD based program that supports those over 18 years of age who are dealing with psychiatric illness and have certain substantial functional limitations. Through groups based on treatment needs, level of insight and communication skills, and as well as the clients choice our staff will assist them to the best of their ability on handling and coping with their illness.
- Recovery (from mental illness)
- DBT Skills
- Dual Diagnosis (mental illness & substance abuse)
- Symptom Management
- WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan)
- Anger Management/Problem Solving
- Social/Interpersonal Skills
- Stress Management
- Cognitive Remediation
- Life Skills (food, nutrition, money management, safe community participation, home & self care)
- Men’s and Women’s
- Family Dynamics
- Health & Wellness
- Basic Computer Skills
- Coping Skills
- Emotional Regulation
- Movement (exercise
- Creative Arts
Primary diagnosis is a psychiatric illness and substantial functional limitations exist in at least two of the four areas listed below
- Emotional Stability
- Vocational/Educational productivity
- Social Relations
622 State St. Springfield, MA 01109 (First Floor),
Monday-Friday 9:00AM to 3:00PM (No weekends or holidays). Full-time participation recommended, part-time can be negotiated if appropriate.
Can be purchased on site for $2.50 or you can bring your own. A fridge is available on site and there are freezers and microwaves that can be used.
Can be provided depending on your insurance.
- Mass Behavioral Health Partnership (MBHP)
- Health New England (HNE-Be Healthy)
If you are interested in a tour, please contact: