CHD’s Hospitality Center in Waterbury, CT was severely damaged by a fire on the evening of February 21. As a day facility, the Center was not occupied at the time of the fire.
We are thankful for the efforts of the Waterbury firefighters, and we are thankful that no injuries are being reported at this time. Our focus now is on transition of the critical services we provide to those experiencing homelessness and housing instability.
Beginning February 22, the Hospitality Center’s services will temporarily move to our site at 965 South Main St. in Waterbury. We are immediately beginning work on a longer-term plan to ensure that the Center can continue to serve those who need it.
In this difficult time our hearts go out to the dedicated staff and volunteers of the Hospitality Center, its visitors, and the Waterbury community, including those who continually offer a range of support for the Center and its services.
We are in need of many of the essential items typically kept on hand for the people who rely on us.
Your generous donation will allow us to re-stock on such things as Soap, Razors, Socks, Deodorant, Feminine Hygiene Products, Hats and Gloves, Non-perishable Food Items, Laundry Detergent, and Backpacks, as we work to rebuild.