There is no “perfect time” or “perfect family” – what makes a difference to a foster child is a stable environment, someone to help them with homework or check in after a tough day. If you can give time and attention, you can make a significant difference.
CHD has children of all ages who are in transition and need the support and stability of a caring foster home.
Learn more about the children who need foster care support, and our home match process: firstname.lastname@example.org or (413)781-6556
Foster care options
- Short-term care: We need families willing to bring children into their homes for a short-term stay. A day or a week can provide vacation time for another foster family, or a valuable respite for child in transition.
- Long-term care: Some of the children in our program can stay with the same foster home for months or years, and truly become part of the family.
- Medical home care: We need families who are able to support children with intensive medical needs. Retired nurses or other people with medical experience are wonderful candidates for a medical home.
- Intensive foster care: Sometimes children have medical needs that are do not qualify them for a medical home placement, but who need more intensive therapeutic and medical treatment.
Compensation for being a part of our program varies on the type of placement. Please contact us for details at email@example.com.
Support and training
- Detailed matching program to help find a child that will thrive in your home. CHD Homefinders consider ages, interests, and much more when placing children in a foster home.
- 24/7 support from on-call caseworkers.
- Specialty training for medical home and intensive foster care
- Initial training and transition support for all foster parents
- Ongoing training for all foster parents to help them understand and connect with the children in their care, and deal with specific issues such as bullying, discipline, and more.
- Mary Anne’s Kids Fund, which provides special activities, services, and opportunities for foster children and families
Contact us with questions or get more information
If you want to learn more about any of the options above, we would love to talk to you and answer any questions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (413)781-6556.
Thank you for you interest in making a difference in a child’s life. You will get more than you give when you foster.