We are extremely grateful for your assistance as we strive to bring stability to families in our community
Donate to Family Outreach of Amherst
Why donate to FOA?
What makes a healthy community? Having resources families can turn to when they need help. Consider these scenarios:
- A couple’s children are removed from their home because of safety concerns. Three months later the husband dies in a car accident.
- A man who has escaped the violent gangs of his country is struggling to raise his two traumatized children.
- A teenager is struggling in school, he is sad because both his brothers are in jail, and his mom is very ill.
- A homeless teen mom is struggling to find a home, a job, and a way to give her child a safe and secure life.
Viewed as the safety net for struggling families in Amherst, FOA caseworkers are there to help struggling families take care of their immediate needs, and then build the long-term relationships that will help them keep their housing stable, their families intact, their children learn to be successful in school, and break the cycle of poverty and trauma that have dominated their lives.
FOA has served the Amherst community for 25 years, and the demand has never been greater. We help struggling families every day, and so can you. By donating to Family Outreach of Amherst, you are directly supporting that mother’s struggle to get her kids back, or that dad’s effort to keep his kids safe, or that little boy, working to have a brighter future. Your donation will help struggling families in our area and improve our community.
Become a Friend of Family Outreach:
For low-income families, sometimes a little can mean a lot. When faced with a crisis, just getting by can be overwhelming. Friends of Family Outreach help in small ways that make a big difference. Friendship is based simply on a willingness to assist and a desire to stay informed.
Linked by e-mail, our Friends step in when a FOA caseworker discovers a need that cannot be met through regular channels. “They help us expand our budget and services so much,” says FOA Program Director Laura Reichsman. “I don’t know what we would do without them.” It can change lives–both your’s and the people you help.
Our Friends have helped by:
- providing snow boots to a young child so she could play outside during recess
- helping a single mother of four with her electric bill so she could buy groceries that month
- sponsoring a child for a week of camp so he could escape the worries of a difficult home life
- helping a homeless family move from a relative’s living room to an apartment of their own by contributing to the first month’s rent.
We hope you will consider becoming a Friend! Sign up by emailing Rachel Condry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOA is developing a volunteer program to help families struggling to get to doctor visits and the grocery store. Want to volunteer? Please contact FOA Director Laura Reichsman at LReichsman@chd.org or (413) 548-1270.