Great Passions Take Root Early
MaryAnne’s Kids is a special fund that provides opportunities to foster children that would otherwise be out of reach.
By allowing kids to pursue their interests in music, dance, art, sports, summer camps, and extra-curricular education, we hope to light a spark that remains with them throughout life.
How it all Began
MaryAnne’s Kids was established in 2000 in memory of MaryAnne Sadak-Eklof, who cared for many foster children before passing away at the age of 46.
The MaryAnne’s Kids Fund (MAK) was created by her sister Eva Santaniello, who poured her heart into the program until passing away in 2007.
Today, the fund lives on through the many people touched by these loving sisters, the staff at CHD, and the foster children themselves. These are just a few of the dreams and milestones supported by this special program:
- Driver’s ed
- Formalwear for proms and graduations
- Fees and uniforms for sports
- GED courses
- Children and teen workshops
- Basketball camp and equipment
- Transportation for a hard-working teen mom
- A specialized bicycle for a child with partial paralysis
- Birthday wishes (concerts, makeovers, pedicures, manicures)
- School trips
- Much, much more!
The MAK Fund is administered by CHD as part of our mission to support all children in our community.